CFP for BSidesKC 2017 is now closed. Selections announced and the schedule is up!
Thanks to all who submitted!
Share your Passion, Experience and Research
BSidesKC aims to provide a diverse range of talks covering both conventional cybersecurity topics as well as emerging threats and technologies. Topics can range from completed or near-complete research, tool development, best practices, lessons learned and experiences. BSides conferences are designed to be conversations and should allow for interaction with the attendees, as lectures are nice from time to time, but new insights or ancillary work often comes from dialogue.
Why Should you consider presenting?
- Increase the overall strength of our community by sharing your knowledge, best practices and experiences with peers and emerging professionals
- Have the opportunity to share your interests and network with other like-minded individuals
- Develop collaborative relationships and crowd source new ideas and solutions
- Immediate feedback from your audience
Proposals will be considered for the following types of presentations:
- 10 minutes – For those new to presenting, or have partial research topic, looking for feedback on a topic.
- 25 or 50-minutes – For the seasoned presenter or maybe you just like to talk a lot.
- Discussions panels – Have an idea for a discussion panel, we’re open to the idea.
BSidesKC 2017 will consist of 2 or more talking tracks, and potentially a panel discussion. The content of the tracks below will be determined by our open Call For Proposals.
Topics of Interest (Not limited to):
- Threat Intelligence
- Incident Handling \ Incident Response
- Digital Forensics
- Network Infrastructure
- Critical Infrastructure
- Reverse Engineering
- Tool Development
- Secure Coding
- Application Security
- Database Security
- New Technologies
- Python, Ruby etc….
- Mobile Security
- Monitoring and Analysis
IMPORTANT DATES OF NOTE:
- January 11, 2017: CFP will open
- March 31, 2017: CFP closes
- April 14, 2017: End of review and scoring period
- April 21, 2017: Accepted speaker will be notified
- April 30, 2017: Agenda and schedule release
- May 20, 2017: Day of the conference