How a CFP works?
- It’s magic – from a lot of awesome volunteers
- Conference goals
- Abstract basics
- Bio basics
You got accepted, now what?
- Developing your presentation
- Talk only? Demo?
- Who’s your audience?
- Technical vs non-technical audience
- Presentation structure
- Citing sources
- Presentation tips and tricks
- Keeping it original
- How much A/V should you incorporate?
- Delivering a successful presentation
- Public speaking basics
- Keeping within your time limit
- Tips & tricks on keeping your audience engaged
- How to practice
It’s Go Time – Day of the Talk
- Presentation room recon
- Check the A/V equipment
- Any dead zones in the room
- How to keep your cool (remember you wanted to do this 🙂 )
- Feedback is a good thing
- It’s the little things – don’t forget to say thank you
- At least one security topic you would like to present on
- Optional Requirements
- Laptop with presentation software & word processor
Olivia Stella is a senior security analyst for a US airline. In her current role, she focuses on aviation security and vulnerability management including pen testing and bug bounty. She has over ten years of experience in software development and information security. Previously, she worked at an in-flight entertainment company in product security supporting incident response, risk & compliance, and as the bug bounty lead. She holds a bachelor’s degree in computer science, masters in software engineering, CISSP & CISM. When she’s not wearing her security hat, she loves to curl and is an avid toastmaster. (That’s right, ice curling.)